Become a Foster Parent
Castaway Pet Rescue’s foster program allows us to rescue, rehabilitate, and re-home animals.
- Offer puppies/dogs a safe place to grow until they are available for adoption
- Gives sick or injured animals a quiet home where they can recover from medical treatments
- Allows our animals to gain even more socialization than they would at a facility
- Provides us additional information about our animals to help us find a great match for their forever homes.
As a foster parent, you would take ones, or more pets, to your home and nurture them (we provide everything you will need) until they are adopted. Some people choose to foster for a week; others for longer periods- it is completely up to you. We welcome your help, even if it is for a short time.
If you would like to become a foster parent, please complete the Foster Application Form and note that this is your area of interest.
Want to Volunteer Your Time and/or Talents?
Want to be a Volunteer? Maybe you cannot foster but there are still MANY ways you can help. Just fill out our short Volunteer Application and we will contact you!
We believe everyone has something to offer which can help our animals, and we need you! Rescue is a Team effort!
If you cannot Adopt or Foster but want to spend time getting some doggie lovin’ consider becoming a “Pet Pal”.
As a Pet Pal you will “adopt” a foster dog and commit to giving that foster dog extra attention through dog walking and basic obedience training thus assisting with confidence building and socialization.
Click HERE to fill out a volunteer application and indicate this is your area of interest. You will be contacted shortly afterwards with a list of foster dogs (if available) in your area to choose from.
By getting to know a dog in foster care better you can also help promote these dogs for adoption on Facebook, etc…
Must be at least 18 years old.
Many of our foster homes have busy lives and dogs of their own, if you cannot foster but want the chance to help out then consider offering dog walking services to current foster homes in your area! Must be at least 18 years old.
Special Events and Fundraising
As a non-profit, Castaway Pet Rescue relies on fundraising and donations to support our efforts on behalf of homeless animals. Volunteers are needed to help with fundraising by assisting in a variety of fundraising efforts throughout the year. Examples include: helping at estate sales, assisting with our annual Paws 4 Cause Event or our monthly Petco adoption events, and a variety of Pet Expos that we attend throughout the year and much more.
If you would like to help with special events and fundraising, please complete the Volunteer Application Form and note that this is your area of interest.
Volunteers are needed to help transport animals to the veterinary clinic, groomers, and foster homes as well as to deliver needed supplies to foster homes.
We always need professional services from veterinarians, trainers and groomers to help our dogs become adoption-ready. If you are a pet professional and would be able to give some of your very busy day (or evening) to a worthy cause, you’ve found the right place!
If you are an animal professional and would like to help us, please complete a Volunteer Application and note that this is your area of interest.
Donate Items From Our Wish List
TO KEEP OUR FOSTER HOMES CLEAN
• Paper towels
• Laundry detergent & bleach
• Hand sanitizer
• All-purpose cleaners
• Puppy pads
• Towels and blankets (used/clean are fine)
• Pooper Scoopers
• Nature’s Miracle or other “urine destroyer” sprays
• Soft, chewy dog treats to be used for training
• Kongs, rope toys, and other durable dog chew toys
• Rawhides, chew bones, antlers
• Leashes and collars of all sizes
• Metal water and food bowls
• Plastic or wire dog crates in usable condition (no fabric crates please)
• Dog and Puppy food (wet and dry)
• Dog and Puppy shampoo
• Heartworm prevention
• Flea Protection
• Pancur Dewormer
• Dog beds
• Dog sweaters (clean gently used is fine, all sizes)
• Copy paper
• Printing services for our business cards, thank you notes, etc.
• General office supplies – pens, sharpies, staples, tape, etc.
• Bottled water to keep our volunteers refreshed
• Gift Cards for big box stores (ex: Sam’s and Costco) and grocery stores
• Gift Cards for pet stores
• Gift Cards for fuel (for vet runs and rescue transports)
• Bungee cords and zip ties
• Plastic Totes
OTHER IMPORTANT NEEDS
• Monetary donations
• Corporate sponsors/advertising for events
• Groups or organizations to hold fundraisers
We use lots of products to support our foster homes, such as, dog food and training treats, leashes and collars, crates, puppy pads, and lots and lots of cleaning products like all-purpose sprays, laundry detergent, paper towels. If you have any contacts with vendors of these items and can help us get them free or at a discount, please let us know.